POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rusty metal textures : Re: Rusty metal textures Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rusty metal textures
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 24 Mar 2001 00:45:01
Message: <3abc345d$1@news.povray.org>
Uh oh... Now I feel bad.  I think I was misleading.  In the effort to make
my web site look as nice as possible I (*gasp*) used an image map.  I did
make the textures myself however.  The stairstep effect that you liked so
much is the result of converting the texture to grayscale and running a
median filter (Irfanview) on it several times.  I could send you the TGA's
if you would still like to see them, but I don't think it would have the
same effect.  Sorry.

Stephen
"Dave Blandston" <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> Oh boy! I love rusty metal textures! The texture of the gear is really
good.
> My one small suggestion would be to give the lighter brown areas a little
> bit of granite normal. Rust probably wouldn't be that smooth and shiny.
What